Saturday 24 October 2009

Manifestation Anniversary of Dou Mu Yuan Jun (斗姆元君華誕千秋)





9th Day of Lunar 9 Month is considered as the Manifestation Anniversary of Dou Mu Yuan Jun aka The Great Empress of Purple Ray & Mother of ALL Star Lords.

In Taoism, this is also considered as the Taoist Day or Anniversary of the Birth of the Universe.

On this Day, Grand & Official Taoist Rituals will be conducted to honour Dou Mu Yuan Jun and the other Star Lords.

Dou Mu, besides providing Blessing for the On-going of Taoism Preaching, she is also one of the High Rank Deities that Mortals can approached for the requesting of Longevity & Health.

3 comments:

  1. I heard tua pek kong temple would have chanting to celebrate dou mu niang niang birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sifu Jave,

    I'd like to honor the great empress, but since my father passed on and I'm observing the 49 and 100 days of mourning, I think it's not a good idea to go to the temple, can I perform a simple respect ceremony at home, ie: setting up a simple altar and some food/fruit offerings? what kind of offerings can I give and any time for the prayers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear hwml,

    Sorry to know that your Father had pass-on. Do take care of yourself and your other Family Members. I'm sure by now, your Father had reached the Eternal Joyous Palace.

    Of cos you can set up an Altar to honour them. To make things simple, just prepare the Taoist Five Offerings will do.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.