Monday 9 March 2009

Taoism, Long Shan Men, High Priest, Disciples & Me (道教,龍山門,高功,弟子與自己)

Rating:★★★
Category:Other

Taoism (道教), the Root Culture and Only Faith of All Chinese. This is a Fact and a Reality that cannot be changed or moved since the Day Yellow Emperor (軒轅黃帝) fix the Ancient China as the Main-land for Chinese or those who are born with Yellowish-complexion.

180 odd years ago, Taoism came into Singapore and maybe this is fated to allow our Taoism to grow its new Root in South East Asia. After 180 odd years, Taoism started to grow alive again. No because Taoism wanted to let more people make use of its name to gain Commercial Value, but hoping that Taoism will assist more Chinese to find back their own Root.

30 Years ago, Long Shan Men (龍山門) had been forced to close down due to my Grandmaster & Master who had tried to promote the Upright Culture of Taoism by assisting people without getting Physical In-returns. By then, a lot of our Local Commercial Taoist Groups ganged up to boycott Long Shan Men and worst, caused Physical Injuries of the Disciples of Long Shan Men and thus, a lot of public started to see Long Shan Men in the negative way.

In 1970s, my Grandmaster decided to Seal Long Shan Men. Reasons of doing so, to allow the Commercial Taoist Groups to gain whatever they wanted to gain, secondly, allow Taoism in Singapore to meet up with it's Doom Day in-order for the New Energy to re-start back.

And yes, what my Grandmaster's prediction had come true in about 5 years back.

Today, why Long Shan Men decided to come back to do preaching again, cos Long Shan Men had seen things getting worst and some of our Local Taoist Groups had got their punishment of being Commercial and Conning on our Folks' hard-earned money.

After 30 years of struggling and reflection, Long Shan Men decided to stand up again and be what we shall be and will never change our Objective of assisting the Needy whenever needed.

As we can see and know, Taoism is actually a Pure, Peace and Nice Culture or Faith that belongs to us, the Chinese, but due to Political Issues, Commercial Value & Reputation-gaining, a lot of so-claimed Taoists started to make use of the Name of Taoism to earn a living, build large Temples and worst, using the Money that Taoists donated to buy back Titles and Certificates. This is really ridiculous and ignorant. If this will to continue, I'm sure that our Local Taoism will be gone within another 20-30 Years.

2 Weeks ago, I got the Initiation of being a High Priest (高功) of Taoism. After knowing my Initiation or so-called Promotion, a lot of the Commercial People had approached me, asking me of using my Title to gain some good commercial in-return. First thing that I told them is, if Jave Wu will to use my Title to gain such Commercial In-return, I rather dont want to get my Title. So from here, you can see how corrupted can be when Commercialization involved.

Why cant Taoism be separate from being Commercial?
Why cant Taoist just do the necessary Promoting of the Upright Culture and put down the thoughts of gaining Fame & Reputation?


Lets ponder over this issues.

Just to keep in mind, whatever can be Named, is Temporary, whatever can be seen, will be vanished when the time is ripe. No need to take it too hard or treat it like Gems.

One thing that I really get touched and feel proud, is that, Heaven had sent me a group of Wonderful Disciples & Student.

In 2006, when Long Shan Men was about to start to do the Promoting of Taoism, actually a lot of people had approached me for accepting them as the Student of Long Shan Men, but during that time, I was still considered quite young, so I rejected them.

After consulting my Elders and Seniors in Singapore and Overseas, actually they told me that age was not an issue, the Mindset and the Willingness of accepting them were the main concern. And so, after reconsidering on their suggestions, in Year 2007, I accepted the very 1st batch of Student of Long Shan Men for the 36th Generation.

Due to some issues and the conduct of this batch of Student (about 30-40 student), at the end of Year 2007, the whole batch of Student's names were deleted. People who known me said that why I do such stupid decision as some of the Student in this batch are rich and will be able to assist you in the future (some of them owe Temples & Land). To me, whether you are rich or poor, this doesnt matters me, only those who are willingly to learn and wanting to promote the Upright Culture of Taoism, then these are the Real & Official Student or Disciple of Long Shan Men.

Soon, the 2nd batch of Student were being initialize and became the Official Student. But again, some of them were just wanting to get their Official Title and some necessary Teachings from me. And so, same in-return such Student got – Titles being deleted.

In Year 2008, the 3rd batch Student were being initialize. Till today, this is the best batch of Student that I had ever encountered.

Willingness (大願), Faithfully (大信), Sincerity (大誠), Intelligent (大智), Compassionate (大慈) and Open-minded (大徹). These are the few words that I can use to describe them.

Whenever I bring up these comments, they thank me. Actually I wanted to tell them is that, you all shall thank yourself, cos you all are the ones that willingly to learn, willingly to put down the un-necessary Un-official Teachings and willingly to assist people whenever such people are in need of helps.

You all shall thanks your own Parent for being supportive & open minded of allowing you all to join Long Shan Men, willingly to support you all in their heart and giving Long Shan Men the fullest support.

And also, thanking the Big Dao (大道) for giving you all a chance to come back to this Mortal Realm again to have a chance (maybe the final chance) to continue learning whatever you all had left out in the previous few Lives.

For me, I'm just a media in this Mortal Realm to guide you all along. To me, I didnt gain anything or lose anything, so no need to Thank me (大道無常。無失無得。無為勝之有為。妙中得妙。幻化玄妙。真道亦。).

Last, talk about myself.

Me, again, just a simple person who is the descendant of Long Yi Zhen Jun (龍一真君). Happy to be one and forever is one.

For the moment, just trying my best to do the Promotion of the Upright Culture of Taoism. In the past few years, I had encountered a lot of issues such as Insulting, Putting-me-down, disappointment, Physical-threatening, Mentally-abused, Conning my Money and Facing Life-death-issuse. All these happened to me because the people around me just wanting me to STOP promoting Taoism.But at the end, I overcome them.

Why I overcome them, cos I only believe in one thing – Determination (決心/信心).

No matter what Titles I got and no matter how High I got Bestowed, I'm still I and Jave Wu will still be Jave Wu. Nothing can change me.

Remember this, Jave Wu, born as Taoist and will also, Pass-on as a Taoist. Proud to be one and forever is the One (生為道門道中人。羽化成為道中魂。三魂七魄永結凝。一氣飛昇太虛宮。).

Last of All, wished everyone here, Finding your True Root soon and bring Proud to your Own Root.

Wu Liang Guan (無量關)
Wu Liang Fu (無量福)
Wu Liang Shou (無量壽)


11 comments:

  1. Master Jave, even if we don't share the same path, I still wish you safety and strength. Taoism is a good religion, so I hope you succeed in promoting your faith. By openly teaching, even to non-Taoists, you're doing a good job in clarifying and cleaning the image of the religion. Thank you Master Jave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you very much. Hope that you will find your own Real Root soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jave , well said. indeed your thoughts and articles you have shared here has enlightened many of us and clarify many myths and promote chininese culture & roots of Taoism. Pls continue your sharing here:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support, will try my best to share what I know with all of you here.

    My disciples & student will also do their best in promoting the Upright Culture of Taoism.

    Hope you all will give them the fullest support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well i am happy for u as i believe what ever u do is the right thing just continue even with any help as heaven will look upon those u believe and try they very best to help the needy ones . i will support u all the way as long as u keep helping the suffering and show them the way i believe (tao) is that where

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sifu Jave,

    You will have all the students support from us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After reading my sifu article (http://javewu.multiply.com/reviews/item/270) , My first thoughts was that I am very touched to the point of tearing(Not exaggerating). Even my mum who was from another religion say that in her religion she has never met someone who is like Sifu Jave. One of the most sincere being in the world.

    Even though I am just 21 but trust me a lot of things has happened and I know those people from the highest places and the lowest places.

    What saddens me is that why do some people see religion as a commercial thing and corrupt it? My motto in life is always "Human are doing, heaven is seeing, what you may not get now does not means that it's not there, and when the time come, then it would always be beyond your wildest imagination.

    Before I get to know Sifu and the real value of tao, I always see Taoism as low class and purely commercialize but after knowing and learning then I realise the beauty in Tao. My mum share the same sentiments too.

    And yes, I am proud to be in Long Shan Men and the reason that I wanted to be a Taoist priest not so that I could have the authority or can use the title for my personal gains but I want to help spread the correct message and re-introduce true Taoism to the masses. I hope to be a guardian to those who are lost or are blinded and I do not condone the behaviour of those commercial priest even though I cannot stop them with my own power but the deity could.

    Sincerity is the most important thing and I urge my readers that before they consult any such person and paying very high fees. Have they considered the following points?

    1) Is the person authorize to perform such rituals?

    2) The severity of a wrong ritual that is being done that can affect not only the person itself but also the family and the future descendants?

    3) Are you paying what is neccessary or are you being conned?

    4) The authenticity of the claims of the so called "Masters"? and if it sound too good to be true then it probably is.

    5) There is no free lunch in this world and when you prayed and ask for blessing, did you work towards it? Deity don't want people to procrastinate but to work hard and they will bless you with success in the process.

    7) Should there be any questions when consulting such master, then I will urge you to clarify with them if they cannot answer you or answer unsatisfactorily then please do counter-check their credential or with someone who knows the industry.

    I admire Sifu for his courage cause I know that it's not easy to stand out in the masses especially since there is so many commercial establishment and this path is not a easy path to walk and even though we are not rich but we have the determination and the blessing of deity.

    He's the only Sifu that does not elaborate and focus on blessings in gambling luck.

    Lastly, I am Gerald Lim the 12th Disciple of Long Shan Men and even though I am not a saints or sage and may fall but I know that my stand is always clear.

    Proud to be a LSM Disciple now and forever and had live and will pass on as a Taoist too.

    When I passed on and faced the deity one day, I know that I'm able to raise my head and speak without feeling guity coz I know that I have did my best in finding out true taoism and following it. And when the time comes for you, are you able to do so?

    And if my above blog do offend anybody then I sincerely apologise and I understand that not all have to agreed with me but afterall I am happy cause I have spoken my piece.

    I had posted this on my blog too.

    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Gerald,

    Very good and wil touched by it. Keep up the Good Work. Remember, do it for the Public and not do it just to prove that you are a disciple of Jave Wu or Long Shan Men.

    Cos Long Shan Men belongs to the Da Dao, we all belongs there too. What you are doing today, it is actually assisting the Da Dao.

    And I'm sure, Da Dao wont left you out whenever you are in need of assistances.

    For the moment, some of us may look tired, penniless or un-well. But when the time is right and ripe, Da Dao will sure to enhance us with the necessary Blessings. This is why, I always tell you all and all the public that I had met - need not request for un-necessary blessings, cos one is sincere and faithfully, the Blessings that Da Dao blessed on us will be there, only time matters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sifu,

    Ok. Now I also did'nt ask for things ler. But I also da dao will bless me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.