Tuesday 2 September 2008

Paying Respect to Lord Bei Dou in Bao Chi Gong (保赤宮內向北斗星君祝壽)

Rating:★★★
Category:Other

Dear All,

Just back from Bao Chi Gong (Poh Chiak Kheng) after paying respect to Lord Bei Dou (today is the Manifestation of Lord Bei Dou).

Arrived at the Temple at about 7.30am (after getting some famous Ang Ku Kueh at the shop situated behind Cantonment Police Station) and there were already some working adults making their offerings to Duke Chen Yuan Guang and Jade Emperor of Heaven.

After preparing the offerings, I started to make my respect to the various Deities in the Temple and last, to the Tian Gong Altar to pay respect to Jade Emperor of Heaven and Lord Bei Dou.

Just before I went off to burn off the Papers, the Uncle, which I always address him as Ah Jek, called me. I was shocked cause so early in the Morning, who would call me in Temple… after turning my head around, I saw him approaching and he was delighted to see me in the Temple.

As usual, we had a long chat and this time round, he recited quite a few verses of Old Hokkien Idioms, which was interesting and meaningful (Ah Jek welcomed all others to join in the chatting & reciting of the Old Idioms when we next visit the Temple).

Besides that, Ah Jek also mentioned about our Bro Matt, saying why so long he didn’t come to the Temple to drink the Chinese Tea and I replied to him that, soon he will be in town (Bro Matt, remember to visit him on your next trip in Town :P).

Just before I make my leave, the Auntie (which shall be the Wife of the Chairman) arrived to take over Ah Jek’s Shift, she was also delighted to see me in the Temple and again, another 30 minutes chat went on.

She told me that, the Temple had started the Lighting of Blessing Lanterns and for those who are interested to do the Lighting of the Lantern must act fast, cos not much spaces left.

For individual lantern, it cost S$150 and for Group lantern, it cost S$1000.00.

For those who contributed S$1000 and above, the name will be carved onto the Stone Plaque. So, for those who wished to have your lantern or name being seen in the Temple, do take the necessary action.

Ok, see you there on the next trip.

5 comments:

  1. There are many gods on the atlar.Shifu care to give a short intro?

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the Main Altar, there are really alot of different Deities, the main one will be Duke Chen Yuan Guang aka Kai Zhang Sheng Wang (開漳聖王陳元光). Then the most special one is Yuan Tian Gang (袁天罡) aka Yuan Tian Gong, this is a very famous Feng Shui Spiritual Master in Tang Dynasty, without him, Li Chun Feng (李淳風) wont be able to gain credits from the Imperial Court. As for other Deities, I will need time to do intro.

    As on the Tian Gong Altar, there are Tian Gong, Wang Mu, Di Mu, Xuan Tian Shang Di, Nan Bei Dou, Si Da Yuan Shuai (道教四大元帥) - which alot of Folks thought that they are Si Da Jin Gang, totally different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 袁天罡 and 李淳風 combined their efforts to record the "Tui Bei Tu", am I right?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.