Friday 16 November 2007

九皇太師公 - 林府太師 Premier of Nine Emperors - Grand Tutor Lin




 
林府太師偕春君公 The Great Premier Lin
Lin Tai Shi (林太師) aka Lin Tai Shi Gong (林太師公), the title of Grand Tutor Lim.
Lin Tai Shi, real name known as Lin Xie Chun (林偕春) or Lin Fu Yuan (林孚元), born in Ming Dynasty Jia Jing Period (AD1537 生于明朝嘉靖年間) on the 4th Day of Lunar 4th Month.
AD1565, at the age of 28, he got his 1st Official Title from the Imperial Court and started his serving for the Nation. After getting his title, he was being appointed to join in the Han Lin Department (翰林院) – meaning a Department of all Scholars who did the tasks of recordings, editing and academic-planning, etc.
AD1568, he was chosen as the top scholar in Han Lin Department (翰林大學士) and being appointed to edit and arrange the Records of the Country’s History (編修史記).
AD1573, he was being promoted to the Grand Tutor (太師) of the Imperial Court (cos before the Crown Prince got his throne, Lin Tai Shi was the Teacher of the Crown Prince 太子太傅).
AD1607, at the age of 71, Lin Tai Shi passed away, and he was being buried at Mt Qi Xing in Hokkien Province (葬與福建省內七星山).
According to records, during the period when Lin Tai Shi got his promotion as the Grand Tutor, he saved a Temple from being destroyed by the bullies and hooligans in the area of where he performed his Official Tasks.
After capturing the group of bullies and hooligans, then, Lin Tai Shi realized that the Temple was built dedicated to the Nine Emperors aka Jiu Huang Da Di (九皇大帝).
On that night, Jiu Huang Da Di came into Lin Tai Shi’s dream to show their appreciation and gratitude of him saving the Temple. In the dream, Jiu Huang Da Di bestowed Lin Tai Shi with the Official Title of Jiu Huang Tai Shi Gong (九皇太師公). Next day, while Lin Tai Shi went back to the Temple, he saw a seat in the Temple dedicated to him.
From then, Lin Tai Shi was also known as the Grand Tutor or Premier for the Nine Emperors.
Till today, traditional temples or altars that are dedicated to the Nine Emperors will still set up a seat for Lin Tai Shi, this is to show the gratitude to him.
Lin Tai Shi was also known as one of the Ancestors of the Lin Clan (林氏祖先).
林太师公故居位于福建省云霄县东厦镇佳洲敦敦村。
林太师公,讳偕春,字孚元,号警庸,谥号文贞。生于明嘉靖十六年(1537年)農曆四月初四日,嘉靖四十四年(1565年)赐进士,遴选韩林苑。隆庆二年(1568年)分校礼闱五经魁,独得翰林学士。
其间,授史职编修,以侍读学士为太子太傅。万历元年(1573)拜太师。警庸公卒于万历三十三年(1604年),赐葬于七星山。上世纪五十年代末,林太师公墓被福建省人民政府列为省级文物保护单位。
 
于文革期间曾一度遭毁,后经修复,基本再现昔日的原貌。

 

3 comments:

  1. Yup, saw that... :P

    Was delighted to see that.

    Keep up the good work, look forward for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greeting My dear Friend . How are you and those arround you?? i hope everting is well with you over there fine.Really dear i am very happy to read your mail, and I will like to introduce my self to you . Firstly, I am Miss lindsey Maxwell Hicky 22 years old girl single never married i came from africa Mogadishu in Somalia central africa.i am the only daughter of my father. Late (Dr) Maxwell Hicky my father was an SOCIETE GENERALE DE BANQUE AU SENEGAL. My father was killed by our Government. They accused my father of coup attempt. I am constrained to contact you because of the maltreatment, am receiving from my father brothers, they planned to take away all my late father's treasury and properties from me since the unexpected death of my beloved Father. Meanwhile I wanted to escape to United State but they parsist that i will not live my country Somalia. and the most important thing is that other valuable travelling documents. Luckily they did not discover where I kept my father's File which contains important documents. So I decided to run to the refugee where I am presently seeking asylum under the United Nations High Commission for the Refugee here in Dakar, Republic of Senegal. I wish to contact you personally for a ) long term business relationship and investment assistance in your Country.My father deposited the sum of ($4.8M) dollars in the Bank which he used my name as the next of kin. However, I shall forward you the necessay documents on confirmation of your acceptance to assist me for the transfer and investment of the fund As you will help me in an invsetment, it is my intention to compensate you with 15% of the total money for your services and the balance shall be my investment capital. This is the reason why I decided to contact you in this way because i see that you are a well trust worldy man . Please all communications should be through this email only for confidential purposes. As soon as I receive your positive response showing your interest I will put things into action immediately. please write to me hopeing to here from your please i need your help in my life (lindseyhicky@yahoo.in) lindsey

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.